Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is made up of Norwegian Cruise Lines, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises. During my time there I was Partnership Relations Assistant for Northern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Management of Sales Materials Library – including videos, flyers and presentations.
- Ensuring library remains organised and updated with latest product developments.
- Communicate new resources available to sales team.
- Responsibility for UK sales merchandise stock.
- Process Travel Partner merchandise requests and distribution of items.
- Principal technical and communication support for Partners First Projects and Events.
- Event, Roadshow and Ship Visit Administration and co-ordination, Agent Liaison and pre- and post-Communication and reporting.
- Management of webinar incentives and winner selection.
- General administrative support to Partnership Relations Team to ensure efficiency and optimum agent service, including but not limited to:
- Monthly budget reconciliation
- Upkeep of Commercial Agreement receipt log
- Support with agent queries in Partnership Relations and Partners First inboxes
- Assisting the Business Development team, travel partners and other assigned accounts as needed.
- Solid understanding of BI Compass, CRM and Freestyle Connect to assist with queries where required.
- Remain current on corporate information, policies, procedures and communicate corporate information to the team.
- Occasionally represent Norwegian at trade exhibitions, cruise shows and evenings.
One of my responsibilities was to plan and manage the presence of NCL at travel events such as the Inspirations Travel Show and Tipto events.
I organised the setup of stands at the event as well as the teams division of labour. We had to make sure the stand appealed to 2 different markets (Consumer and trade). Before the event this meant organising travel and hotels for the team, and working out an event budget.
This also involved making briefing packs and planning what POS would be needed as well as how it would transported. On the day I lead the setup of stands and helped to divide the team up most effectively. Throughout the day we needed to communicate with other delegates and visitors; representing the brand and getting people engaged with the products.
Merchandising Campaign – Training representatives to send into Travel stores; to provide them with product knowledge and improve rapport in order to boost sales.
Produced training materials for the representatives such as webinar presentations, competition flyer design and copy writing, creating surveys and FAQ sheets, ordering and distributing POS, keeping contact with the merchandising organisation, communicating / creating briefs with the marketing department, communicating with the other team members, attending meetings and interpreting briefs.
Norwegian Epic Fam Trip – This was a 4 night trip on board one of the Norwegian Epic for travel partners. This ship travelled from Rome to Barcelona and was predominantly designed as an interactive training trip for travel agents across the NE and MEA Markets (Approx 80 guests).
All aspects of the agents time on the trip needed to be planned, from as soon as they stepped off the plane in Rome until they had been dropped off at the airport in Barcelona.
I assisted with requests to the ship (permissions for the trip), communicating guest lists and requirements between the guests and the port, booking hotels and travel for NCL members (event hosts), planning excursions at the ports, being a central communication party with the ship, event hosts and the agents, producing creative educational activities to engage the agents on board, making packs and briefing documents for the NCL event hosts, requesting and working to set event budgets.
South Africa Travel Partner Roadshow
South Africa Roadshow – 1 week of events at different cities in South Africa. Trade lunches with on brand presentations and light entertainment, round tables meetings for selected current preferred selling agents (PSA) and dinners with evening entertainment for consumers. The entertainment will be reflecting the on-board experience (Priscilla Queen of the Desert) with shows like those currently on the ships.
Sourcing venues and hotels, creating marketing briefs for invitations, booking and planning travel for NCL representatives, creating a communications plan to reach attendees with the PSA’s and their roles in the event process.